NATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT ACT 107 OF 1998: CONSULTATION ON INTENTION TO AMEND THE SECTION 24H REGISTRATION AUTHORITY REGULATIONS, 2016
Notice Title: National Environmental Management Act 107 of 1998 (“NEMA”): Consultation on intention to amend the Section 24H Registration Authority Regulations, 2016
Government Notice: GN 1655 in GG 45703 on 31 December 2021
Commencing date: Comments to be submitted by 31 January 2022
The Minister of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment (“the Minister”) in terms of sections 24(5)(e), 24H and 44 of the NEMA, read with regulation 1(2) of the Environmental Impact Assessment Regulations, 2014, intents to amend the Section 24H Registration Authority Regulations, 2016 (“the Regulations”).
Proposed amendments relate amongst other to the following:
- Substitution and deletion of certain definitions;
- The application of the Regulations;
- Requirements to register as an environmental assessment practitioner
- Categories of registration and minimum criteria for registration as environmental assessment practitioner or candidate environmental assessment practitioner
- Procedure for registration
- Procedure for renewal of registration
- Termination of registration; and
- Transitional provisions.
Members of the public are invited to submit written comments and inputs on or before 31 January 2022. For a copy of the Government Notice click here.
For assistance or queries please contact Jan Nel at email@example.com.