AMENDMENT OF REGULATIONS ISSUED IN TERMS OF SECTION 27(2) OF THE DISASTER MANAGEMENT ACT 57 OF 2002
Notice Title: Disaster Management Act, 57 of 2002 (“DMA”): Amendment of Regulations issued in terms of section 27(2)
Government Notice: GN 565 in GG 44772 on 27 June 2021
Commencing date: 28 June 2021 at 00H01.
The Minister of Cooperate Governance and Traditional Affairs (“the Minister”) published an amendment to the Regulations issued in terms of section 27(2) of the DMA published under GNR 480 of 29 April 2020 (“the Regulations”).
The amendments relate to, amongst others, the following:
- Offences and penalties
- The substitution of Chapter 3 for the application of adjusted Alert Level 4,
- Mandatory protocols when in a public place,
- The movement of persons – specifically inter-provincial travel to and from Gauteng is prohibited, except for circumstances as provided for under regulation 17(4)(b) of the Regulations, and subject to carrying of the relevant permit in the prescribed form as provided for in the Regulations.
- Attendance of gatherings – most gatherings are prohibited until the 11th of July 2021 after which the prohibition will be reviewed.
- Places and premises closed to the public,
- Partial re-opening of borders; and
- Public transport.
- The prohibition of the sale, dispensing and transportation of liquor
For a copy of the Government Gazette Notice click here.
How to ensure compliance at my operations?
Employers must ensure that the necessary measures are implemented to ensure compliance with the Adjusted Level 4 requirements.
For more information or assistance please contact Gert van der Waal at email@example.com